Before you start the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Chau Luu (Vietnam)
+84 962 442 193
Whatsapp: +84 962 442 193
Skype: live:chau.luuquynhEmail Chau Luu
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Airport pickup is available at Miami International Airport (MIA).
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will avoid enrollment delays. Before you submit your payment, make sure you have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to it to complete the payment process.
For all application and payment deadlines, as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Global FIU First Year’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a US credit card or US bank account.
FIU Global First Year requires all students take mathematics courses in accordance with their area of study. For math course placement, all students must take the ALEKS test during orientation week before the beginning of the fall semester. ALEKS test scores will place students in math courses according to FIU guidelines. Due to the important nature of this assessment, students should prepare for the ALEKS test by taking practice assessments and studying the materials available at https://www.aleks.com/free_trial/consumer.