Housing and Dining
FIU Housing and Dining Preview
Dining: The taste of FIU
Make sure to get some grub before going to class, with options such as Fresh Food Co., Pollo Tropical, Chili’s inside the Graham Center. Satisfy your cravings at the PG5 complex as well, with Moe’s, Chic-fil-A, Papa John’s, or one of the many other spots.
- Grab your shopping list and check out our on-campus retailers.
- Stop for a snack during your study break! We have an organic farmers market held in the library breezeway every Wednesday.
- Meal plans are convenient, flexible, and loaded with options – for both on-campus and off-campus residents.
Note: All G1Y students who live on campus will be required to select 1 of the 4 meal plan options. If you have questions on how your meal plan works, please feel free to contact Global First Year at email@example.com.
You don’t have to live in a residence hall to receive a meal plan. There are a range of meal plan options that include dining locations at MMC and BBC. You’ll get guaranteed value, whether you eat on campus three times a week or three times a day!
Welcome to your New Home
After a long day, head back to your room to relax, read, catch up on studying, and chat with your roommates. Our residence halls are fully equipped to meet your needs with weekly resident activities, a private pool area, and study areas on each floor. Take a look at our residence halls and find your home away from home.
FIU offers a variety of fully-furnished, comfortable and affordable on-campus suites. Global First Year students are assigned to one of 3 halls on Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC). No matter where you are assigned to live, all residence halls offer:
- Utilities (included in rent)
- Wi-Fi and cable TV access
- Front desk with desk attendants
- Lounges for studying, socializing, and playing games
- Laundry rooms accepting cash and credit cards
Example of first year housing on campus at FIU.